Portable generators are an excellent choice when spending time outdoors or when the main grid is down. They are a must-have when camping with your RV helping produce a steady energy supply. You can use these generators to run a wide range of devices and get excellent lighting. A nice little generator is all you need to get through your camping trip, hurricane or any bad weather that causes power outages.
However, choosing the best portable generator is no easy task with the huge numbers on the market. This is why we’ve created this extensive review to help you make a wise purchase decision. We’ve narrowed down your search to only ten portable generators that we think are the best. Read our reviews below and choose one that best suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Portable Generators Reviews
- 10. Westinghouse WGen 7500 Gas Powered Portable Generator – Remote Electric Start
- 9. Cat RP7500E Portable Gas Generator with Electric Start – 7500 Running Watts
- 8. Generac Portable Gas Powered Generator Running Watts/26250 Starting Watts
- 7. Champion 3500-Watt RV Portable Generator with Wireless Remote Start
- 6. DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Portable Generator – XP12000EH 12,000-Watt
- 5. Firman Gas Powered Portable Generator with OHV Engine – P01202 1200-Watt
- 4. Quipall Dual Fuel Gas Portable Generator with Electric Start – 5250DF
- 3. Ai Power SUA12000EC Gas Powered Generator with Electric Start – 12000-Watt
- 2. DuroMax XP4400EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator 3500 Running Watts
- 1. WEN DF475 4750-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Wheel Kit
Table of the Best Portable Generators Reviews
10. Westinghouse WGen 7500 Gas Powered Portable Generator – Remote Electric Start
The Westinghouse is a powerful portable generator with 7500 running watts and a maximum of 9500 watts. It is easy to use the generator with a remote start. The generator features a large 6.6-gallon fuel tank that runs continuously for a period of 16 hours. There are two large wheels for added mobility when moving the generator. Overall, this is a pretty safe pick with a twist lock receptacle. It also features rubber covers on all outlets to prevent shocks. The generator features the powerful 420cc Westinghouse 4-stroke engine. It also automatically shuts down on low oil to prevent further damage.
- Powerful 420cc 4-stroke OHV engine
- Automatic shutdown on low oil
- Large 6.6-gallon fuel tank for continuous use
- Powerful 7500 watts running power
9. Cat RP7500E Portable Gas Generator with Electric Start – 7500 Running Watts
This is another smooth running portable generator with 7500 watts running and starting watts of 9375. It is a highly portable generator with large wheels to easily roll on all-terrain. The generator can run up to 11 hours continuously. It features six outlets providing users with options to power their devices. The control panel is LED lit for easy operation. Overall, this is a convenient generator with an easy electric start. The padded double handles allow for easy transportation. Everything you need to get the generator running is included, and users only need to add gas. You also get 3 years warranty for full service and parts.
- Easy electric start
- 7500 watts running and 9375 watts starting
- Runs for 11 hours continuously
- Padded hinge handles and rubber wheels for easy transportation
8. Generac Portable Gas Powered Generator Running Watts/26250 Starting Watts
This is one of the most powerful portable generators out there with a Generac 922cc OHVI engine. It is a generator that will fulfil all your energy needs. The generator is quite easy to start with a plug-in battery charger jack and battery included. It features a low-level oil shutdown for safety. Overall, this is an efficient and energy-saving generator with idle controls to reduce noise levels. The large capacity 16-gallon fuel tank offers up to 10 hours of continuous runtime. For added durability, this generator features the hardened steel tube cradle.
- Low-oil level shutdown
- Hardened steel tube cradle for added durability
- Powerful 922cc OHVI engine
- Electric start with battery
7. Champion 3500-Watt RV Portable Generator with Wireless Remote Start
This is a wireless remote start generator that allows for easy starts and stops from distances of up to 80 feet. It is a convenient generator that comes with a push-button power and wireless remote fob. This is a reliable generator with a trusted 196cc Champion engine. It features a battery pack included and a three-way ignition switch. There is a further built-in cold start technology for an easy start in bad cold weather. Overall, this is a reliable pick with 4000 watts starting and 3500 watts running. It features several AC outlets and comes with two wheels for easy mobility.
- Reliable and powerful with 4000 starting watts and 3500 running watts
- Wireless remote start
- Volt-Guard built-in surge protector
- Built-in cold start technology
6. DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Portable Generator – XP12000EH 12,000-Watt
This is a dual fuel portable generator that runs on either fuel or propane gas. It is a sturdy and durable generator with heavy duty from construction. The generator features fully isolated motor mounts to allow for a smooth and quiet operation. It is easy to use and features a power panel with circuit breaker, oil warning light, volt meter, and power outlets. The generator can offer a maximum runtime of up to 10 hours operating at 50 percent maximum. Overall, this is a safe and economical generator with automatic low-oil shutdown.
- Low-oil automatic shutdown to prevent damage
- Full power panel for easy control and use
- Dual fuel technology of propane and gas
- Isolated motor mounts for quiet operation
5. Firman Gas Powered Portable Generator with OHV Engine – P01202 1200-Watt
The Firman is another highly rated portable generator in the industry with a large 1.7-gallon fuel tank. The generator features a built-in fuel gauge and can run continuously for a period of up to 10 hours on a 50 percent load. This is a durable generator with cast-iron sleeved Pro Series engine for added durability. It runs on a maximum 63 decibels due to the quiet muffler making it a low noise generator for home use. The generator also features a multi-featured control panel with a cover that protects against dust, debris, and dirt. Overall, this is a CARB certified generator that also comes with 3 years warranty.
- Large 1.7-gallon fuel tank
- Cast-iron sleeved Pro Series engine for durability
- Quiet muffler for low noise operation
- Multi-featured control panel
4. Quipall Dual Fuel Gas Portable Generator with Electric Start – 5250DF
This is another powerful portable generator with a 224cc overhead valve engine to meet all your energy demands. The generator is easy to use with a convenient electric start. It is a versatile choice that runs on either propane or gasoline. The expected output on gasoline is 4000 watts with a maximum of 5250 watts. While on propane, the generator delivers 3600 watts and a maximum of 4500 watts. Overall, this is another convenient choice with two large wheels for easy mobility.
- Powerful 224cc overhead valve engine
- Two large wheels for easy movement
- Runs on gasoline or propane
- Convenient electric start
3. Ai Power SUA12000EC Gas Powered Generator with Electric Start – 12000-Watt
The Ai Power is another top-quality portable generator with 12, 000 watts starting and 9, 000 watts running. This is a high-performance generator that delivers more wattage to drive heavy devices with motors. It is easy to use and features multiple front panel outputs. The generator is ergonomically designed with a compact angled control panel. The multiple outlets are waterproof and come with covers that prevent water damage. Overall, this is a powerful choice with the 459cc engine with an easy start.
- Powerful 459cc engine
- Multiple front panel outlets
- Waterproof outlets
- Greater wattage
2. DuroMax XP4400EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator 3500 Running Watts
This is another top-notch portable generator with a maximum of 4400 watts and one that can run all your devices. The generator features 120 volts 3-prong outlets. It is a powerful pick with 196 cc engine. This is a safe generator with an automatic shut off on low-oil. It is also air cooled to allow for long runtime. Overall, this is a versatile generator designed to run on gasoline or propane. There is a full power panel for easy use and an engine shut off.
- Air cooled
- Low-oil automatic shutdown
- Full power panel
- 4400 watts max output
1. WEN DF475 4750-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Wheel Kit
This is another versatile portable generator that allows you to switch from gasoline to propane use with easy. The generator features a changing voltage that goes from 120V to 240V to suit different situations. It is a powerful choice with 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine. The generator starts easily with a simple turn of a key. It can run continuously for a period of 11 hours due to the large 4-gallon fuel tank. Overall, this is an excellent choice on our list with a 2-year warranty for confidence buying.
- Electric start with a simple key turn
- Uses both gasoline or propane
- Large 4-gallon tank
- 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine
These are the best portable generators on the market currently to get your device running everywhere you go. The generators are a perfect pick for camping or when there is a power outage. They are easy to move around and offer enough wattage to suit all your needs.