The cable cutters are a handheld cutting tool useful for cutting and shaping wire cables. The cable cutters are operated manually and have either shear or steel blades that are super sharp to cut multiple types of wires and cables. They are useful for cutting aluminum, copper, and other multiple conductors of varying sizes. The cable cutting tools come in different sizes, whereby some are comfortable to hold with one hand when working, while others may require two hands depending on the size and the use.
When selecting a cable cutter, check the type of wires it is compatible with to prevent limitations when working on different projects. Also, ensure the tool is light in weight and has a perfect gripping handle to allow you to enjoy working on different projects. Here are the top ten best cable cutters on the market today.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Cable Cutters Reviews
- 10-Muzata Steel Wire Cutters
- 9-KNIPEX Tools-Cables Shears Twin Cutting Edges
- 8-Channellock 911, Cable Cutters
- 7-Crescent H.K Porter Wire/Cable Cutters
- 6-SogYupk USA KTRC11 Ratcheting Cable Cutters
- 5-Greenlee Cutter Assembly Cable (718) Cable Termination
- 4-Southwire 58277740 Tool and Equipment CCPR400 Heavy Duty Compact Ratcheting Cable Cutter
- 3-Klein Tools 63030 Cable Cutter Coaxial 1-Inch Capacity
- 2-SogYupk USA KTRC11 Ratcheting Cable Cutters
- 1-Felco C7 Cable Cutter for up to 5/32 Inch
Top 10 Best Cable Cutters Reviews
10-Muzata Steel Wire Cutters
If you need a versatile cable cutter than can handle both soft and hard cable wires, Muzata steel wire cutter is a perfect option. The ergonomic style of the handle on this cable cutter ensures total comfort when working on large projects, or when cutting hard wires cables.
You can utilize the Muzuta cable cutter tool to cut even the wire rope or the spring wires. It has sharp cutting edges that can cut wires with a thickness of up to 5/32 inches. It also cuts smoothly without leaving any fraying or smashing edges on the edges of the cable.
- This cable cutter weights 12 ounces
- It is a multifunctional cable and wire cutting tool
- The handle on this cutting tool provides an ergonomic handle
- The package comes with 1/8 cable wire ferrules as a bonus
9-KNIPEX Tools-Cables Shears Twin Cutting Edges
This is affordable yet a heavy-duty wire and cable cutting tool to consider purchasing. The high -quality and grade one cutting precision on this tool makes it easy and smooth to cut even the hardest wire cables. The tool is light in weight to allow one to work smoothly, and this also makes it the perfect option for commercial workers.
The twin cutting edges are hardened to cut thick cables with a diameter of up to 20 mm. Some of the cable wires compatible with this cutter include; aluminum cables, copper, and even the single wires. The sharp cutting edges on the cutter make it possible to cut these types of wires smoothly without leaving any deformations.
- The cutting tool has an adjustable screw joint to fit multiple sizes of wires
- It is a versatile wire and cable cutting tool
- The cutting tool can fit up to 20 mm thick cable or wire
- It is a quality and durable tool
8-Channellock 911, Cable Cutters
The high quality and sharp knife-like cutting edges on this cable cutter get the work done smoothly without leaving uneven edges or messing the wire cables. It is compatible and suitable for cutting multiple wire cables models like aluminum and copper. Note that this cable cutter is not suitable for cutting steel cable wires.
The cutting sections of this cable cutter have carbon C1080 steel material for durability and ensure excellent performance. This tool is light in weight such that you can slip it to the pocket for easy access when working.
- This tool has an ergonomic handle for comfortable holding when working
- It cuts 3/0 aluminum cables and 2/0 copper wire cables
- The cutting blade has a coating to preserve it from rust and corrosion
- The tool only weighs 0.9 ounces
7-Crescent H.K Porter Wire/Cable Cutters
This cable cutter Comes from one of the leading manufacturing companies, and it guarantees quality and cleans cutting results when working. It is a perfect selection for commercial users such as electricians because the dual cutting edges can handle multiple cable wires, including the thick models.
The cutter has comfortable and heavy-duty handles that are comfortable to hold when working. The shear cut blades on the tool have a coating to prevent the tool from rust and corrosion.
- This tool is light in weight
- It has a vinyl handle that is comfortable to hold when working
- The tool features shear cut blades that are quite sharp
- This is a high-quality cutting tool to handle multiple cable models
6-SogYupk USA KTRC11 Ratcheting Cable Cutters
If you are looking for an easy cable cutter that does not strain your hands when working, this model is a perfect option to consider getting. The lightweight crafting of this cable cutter allows on to comfortably use it while holding with one hand. The handle of the tool features a 1000 volt insulated handle that is comfortable to hold and releases pretty fast when cutting the cables.
The quick ratcheting mode on this tool allows the shear to cut the cables smoothly without utilizing too much effort. It is suitable for DIY cable projects at home because it can cut a cable with a diameter of 400 MCM. This cable cutter is compatible with multiple wire models ranging from aluminum to copper.
- This cable cutting tool is quite light in weight
- It has a quality and quick to release lever
- This cable cutting tool can work on cables with a diameter of 400 MCM
- The handle is insulated for comfortable holding to work
5-Greenlee Cutter Assembly Cable (718) Cable Termination
The quality material construction of the Greenlee cutting tool assures durability and efficiency when working on large projects. This cable cutting tool only weighs 3 pounds for convenience and comfort to hold when working. You can also slip it to the pocket for comfortable carrying when working and ensure quick access.
It is a perfect tool for professional workers because it gets the work done smoothly to prevent cable wastage. It has been tested and approved for quality and durability; hence, making it an excellent choice for professional workers.
- This cable cutter only weighs 3 pounds
- The tool has quality material crafting for durability
- It has an ergonomic handle for comfortable holding to work
- The cutting blade has coated steel material construction
4-Southwire 58277740 Tool and Equipment CCPR400 Heavy Duty Compact Ratcheting Cable Cutter
This Southwire cable cutting tool has a quick-release lever that ensures smooth cutting edges on the wire for comfortable utilization. The handle of the tool has a compact and ergonomic handle for convenience holding when working. The blade of this tool has a quality steel material that also has oxide coating to prevent it from rust for continued use.
- The steel blade of the tool is sharp to reduce distortions
- The blade is replaceable to ensure continued use
- It has a quick-release to ensure convenience working
- The handle is comfortable to hold and provides an excellent gripping surface
3-Klein Tools 63030 Cable Cutter Coaxial 1-Inch Capacity
Klein cable is suitable for cutting thick cables with a diameter of up to 25 mm. The handle has a comfortable handle such that you can hold with one hand to work. The sharp shear blade ensures to cut the wire without much distortion to prevent wastage. The blade of this tool is forged to ensure excellent functioning and withstand multiple cutting without getting blunt. The blade does not need adjustment when cutting or feeding the cable wires.
- The handle of this tool has plastic material crafting
- It has a sharp shear blade to ensure precision cutting
- This tool can cut wires with a diameter of up to 25 mm
- It ensures precision cutting without leaving frayed edges
2-SogYupk USA KTRC11 Ratcheting Cable Cutters
The 1000 Volt insulated handle on this cable cutter provides a quick-release lever, so you achieve smooth cutting effect and prevent a lot of wastage, especially for new users. The handles have plastic materials that provide perfect gripping, so you can comfortably work while holding this tool with one hand. It has a fast ratcheting mechanism for the natural cutting effect and saves energy when cutting the cables. The tool is compatible with aluminum, copper, and other conductor cables with varying sizes.
- This working tool has a compact and lightweight design
- It is comfortable to hold with one hand
- This features fast ratcheting mechanism for comfortable and clean cutting
- It is compatible with different materials.
1-Felco C7 Cable Cutter for up to 5/32 Inch
The heavy-duty pressed steel handle on this cable cutting tool provides a comfortable and non-slip holding surface so you can focus on your work. The handle cover has plastic material that allows one to work while holding the tool with one hand comfortably. The tool has unique triangular cutting jaws that provide a smooth cutting edge without leaving uneven frays. You can hold this tool with one hand when working.
- The handle of this tool has a non-slip handle for excellent gripping
- The handle features plastic material for durability and offers ample grip
- The tool has unique triangular jaws that provide excellent cutting results
- You can hold the tool with one hand when working
If you need quality, durable, and comfortable cable cutters that provide smooth and fast wire-cutting results, these top ten are the perfect options. These cutters are multi functions since they are compatible with multiple types and models of cables and wires. The cable cutters are comfortable to hold when working such that you can hold with one hand. Find the perfect cable cutter for your professional or DIY projects from the above review.